Hungry for a career? Craving Opportunity?
Join Performance Foodservice, one of the nation's leading foodservice distributors…and become a key ingredient in our recipe for success!
The Buyer is responsible for an assigned group of products and suppliers. Knowledge and experience in procurement and supply chain required.
*Familiarity with rebate and incentive programs desired.
*Must have excellent time management, organization, and pc skills.
*Experience with complex spreadsheets highly desired.
*The position is in a face paced environment which requires a great deal of multi-tasking with a high level of accuracy and accountability.
*This role will require through analysis of data, negotiation and implementation of strategies designed to achieve the lowest cost of goods, while maximizing overall category sales, percentage of control brand sales and PFG profitability.
*Support category management guidelines: Product, Price, Place, Promotion and Planning.
*This role will function as a team member within the department and cross-functions as required.
*3 or more years of experience in Broadline food service purchasing/category management or equivalent.
*Previous experience with meat, seafood and frozen products is required.
• Develop national purchasing programs within assigned categories to include negotiation of product cost, payment terms, marketing activities and sales support.
• Develop pricing rationale for products within category.
• Establish earned income strategies for assigned categories.
• Establish products specifications and quality assurance standards on controlled brand products.
• Evaluate products within assigned categories to determine profitability and feasibility of purchasing centrally through PFG.
• Develop strategic plan for assigned category using the 5 P's of marketing
• Support Category Manager
• Interact with suppliers and OPCOs in a friendly, timely and quality manner.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
The Buyer is an exempt position in the Purchasing Department. This position reports to the Vice President of Purchasing. The following are additional requirements specific to the position:
-Prefer a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience, and REQUIRES one to two years of related food service experience.
Performance Food Group
Website : http://www.pfgc.com/
Performance Food Group serves an integral role in the movement of food from the nation's farms to our dining tables. At the heart of the Company's success is a focus on delivering exceptional customer service throughout its operations.