General Manager Dietary and Hospital Food Service
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime in beautiful Southeast Alaska? General Manager needed for dietary program at small hospital in Southeast Alaska. Wonderful opportunity to shine as a strong leader and change agent. GM will play an integral role in menu expansion, design and construction of new dining facilities and fostering staff growth and development. Historic community known for excellent fishing, hunting and other outdoor activities. Also recognized for arts and cultural attractions.
GM provides oversight of daily food service operations for inpatient, community/retail and catering activities. Responsibilities include food quality, sanitation and safety, customer satisfaction, menu planning and inventory management. Meet all regulatory standards required to maintain Joint Commission Accreditation, including internal audit function. GM has full P&L responsibility for department and monitors revenue, expenses and ensures appropriate controls are in place. Develops budget, monitors variance and provides regular performance reports. Manage staff of approximately fifteen in multi-cultural environment. Demonstrate strong leadership, conduct continual staffing needs assessments, assign and monitor work to ensure delivery of high-quality product and mentor and coach staff to perform at highest capacity. Communicate in clear and transparent manner with all stakeholders. Manage projects associated with expanded menu and design/construction of new facilities. Be visible presence in community and positive representative for corporation.
• Position requires at least five years of General Management experience in dietary or food service for a JCAHO accredited hospital or healthcare facility with demonstrated success in areas outlined above
• Need bachelor’s degree in food service technology/management or associates degree plus three additional years of work experience
• Have CDM certification or demonstrate requirements are met to become certified in AK. • Must have strong knowledge of food and catering trends including quality control
• Need strong financial management skills including budgeting and P&L oversight
• Demonstrate strong leadership, staff management and mentoring/coaching ability
• Have awareness and respect for diversity and show ability to adapt behavior based on that understanding – experience working in cross-cultural setting preferred
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be organized and able to manage multiple competing priorities
• Any project management experience specifically related to renovation or capital building helpful
• Use business software programs such as e-mail, spreadsheets and word processors at an intermediate level
Competitive compensation and benefit package with relocation assistance available to the right candidate. Successful applicants may be required to pass a comprehensive criminal, educational, civil and/or credit background check.
To apply: e-mail resume to ****. **** 'N' Street, Suite 201, Anchorage, Alaska 99501 • (907)276-5707 **** • Log in
Alaska Executive Search, Inc.
Phone : (907)276-5707
Fax : (907)276-5708
Email : Jillian_C@akexec.com
Website : http://www.akexec.com
Alaska Executive Search was founded in 1977 by Robert Bulmer upon the principals of professionalism, expertise, confidentiality, accountability and a company policy of personal involvement with each placement. Our commitment to professionalism and excellence is the reason Alaska and national firms turn to AES and its five specialty divisions for recruiting expertise. This commitment has resulted in an outstanding success rate of finding qualified candidates to the satisfaction of each client for over 30 years.