Return to Previous Page
Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Atria Senior Living is one of the nation’s largest providers of senior-living services. With more than 120 retirement and assisted living communities in 27 states, Atria is committed to providing quality care for seniors in an environment that promotes dignity and independence.
Employing approximately 8,500 employees nationwide we are home to more than 14,000 seniors across the country. From coast to coast, Atria communities provide a lifestyle where seniors are able to remain as independent and active as possible, offering customized levels of assisted living services to accommodate seniors needs.
Atria’s mission is to provide exceptional service for their residents; growth, development and rewards for their employees; and viability for the long term for the company. “We strive to enhance lives and exceed expectations every day.” For additional information about Atria, including specifics about our communities, please refer to the Support Center website at ****Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Director of Culinary Services to join our team at Atria Cranford in Cranford, NJ. The primary job function of the Assistant Director of Culinary Services is to assist our Director of Culinary Services in managing the entire food service department.
Scope of Responsibilities Include:
- Planning, organizing, and directing the Dining Services Department in the absence of the Director of Culinary Services to provide the residents with the highest quality-dining program
- 3-5 years of experience in food service management
- Culinary degree and/or Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) is preferred
- Serve Safe certification preferred
- MUST be an excellent cook (formal culinary training or degree preferred)
- Knowledge of local and state health and sanitation and safety codes
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, service and operation of all kitchen equipment
- Experience planning menus, special diets and ordering all food and supplies
- Basic computer skills
- Please do not apply if you have do not have cooking experience
- Drug screen and background check are required
Atria offers a competitive salary and benefit package including 401k and tuition reimbursement.