Providence Oregon Jobs
city, state, country
job title, keywords
View All Jobs
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Patient Dining Specialist
Title: Patient Dining Specialist
Providence is calling an on-call Patient Dining Specialist for a day shift position at Providence Newberg Medical Center in Newberg, OR.
In this position, you will:
* Provide attractive and nutritious meals to patients in a timely manner.
* Interact with patients to ensure that their food needs are met.
* Prepare foods that require little or no cooking for patient and non-patient dining.
* Prepare foods using recipes that comply with department standards and safe food handling techniques.
* Act as a Nursing unit liaison with the Dietary Department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Valid Health Department Food Handlers Certificate or ServSafe Certification is required at the time of hire.
* Completing an annual competency quiz related to patient diets and patient tray delivery.
* Knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through on the job training.
* Ability to read, clearly speak and understand English in order to communicate and process patient menu requests and to follow verbal and written instructions or directions.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest health care system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their health care needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time.
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
Job: Food Service