SUMMARY: This position is responsible for cooking, preparing, and garnishing all hot food and cold food for Restaurants, Amenities, Room Service, Banquets, and all Catered events. Banquet Prep Cook will assist in elevating and maintaining the Red Lion Hotel guest services standards.
The Banquet Prep Cook will always conduct them self in manner which supports the guiding principles of Destination Hotels & Resorts:
Acts with the highest ethical standards, treating others fairly & with respect.
Empower a diverse group of talented and prepared people.
Nurture lasting relationships with investors, customers and team members
Achieve optimum investment performance.
Focus on Continuous improvement of quality assets and services.
Consistently work to balance our lives and contribute positively to our communities.
The Banquet Prep Cook shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. Banquet Prep Cook will be responsible for exemplifying the Red Lion Hotel Seattle Culture as well as promoting Red Lion Hotel Seattle as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Wash, peel, cut, chop, slice, and otherwise prepare vegetables and other cooking elements for meal preparation during a shift.
· Responsible for storing items in the refrigerator, covering items left in the open air, and preparing special food elements ahead of time so that they can be quickly accessed and used in cooking.
· May be responsible for preparing a certain portion of a dish.
· Prepare menu items following recipes and yield guidelines, according to department standards.
· Work on line during service and assist wherever needed.
· Be aware of any shortages and make arrangements before the item runs out.
· Ensure clean and orderly workspace by adhering to public health codes, sanitation and safety policies.
· Verify product stock and rotate as necessary, informing supervisor of item or equipment that needs to be ordered; may be responsible for ordering at supervisor’s discretion.
· Assist the Executive Chef, and/or Supervisor with monthly inventory, staff training, and other departmental duties as needed.
· Maintains the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and safety regulations.
· Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
· Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
· Understand, maintain and demonstrate the 5 fundamental principles of the Little Red Book: Sound Judgment, Integrity, Dependability, Connect, and Initiative.
· Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef.
· Ability to operate the following equipment is required: convection and conventional oven, fryer, broiler, salamander, slice, mixer, food processor, dish washer and all small wares and utensils.
· 6 months of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Possess basic math skills required to complete food preparation.
· The ability to read in English.
· Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
· Responsible for daily prep, daily breakdown of station and clean-up at end of day.
· You must have flexible schedule and be able to work all shifts.
· Ability to develop an effective working relationship with fellow employees and supervisors.
· Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and patrons in an English speaking environment.
· Must have excellent knife skills
· Know how to use knives and other kitchen utensils, such as grinders.
· Maintain a team work ethic and be willing to obey orders.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
· High school education required
· Culinary school degree of equivalent experience preferred.
· Three to five years culinary experience in a high volume quality culinary operation.
While primarily an indoor job, must be able to work at outdoor locations on occasion, walking on uneven surfaces; · Must be able to work in either hot or cold conditions
· Must be able to stand on feet and walk throughout the day
· Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs. & occasionally lift, carry, push & pull up to 50 lbs;
· Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, reaching and repetitive hand & arm movements constantly; squeezing and overhead reaching occasionally
Must be able to twist and bend frequently, and squat occasionally
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
To comply with Federal law, Red Lion Hotel Seattle participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is the electronic system established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify newly hired employees’ identity and employment eligibility.
Destination Seattle Management (Red Lion Hotel Seattle) is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to providing equal opportunities regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Destination Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
Website : http://www.destinationhotels.com
Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become the country's fifth largest independent management company with more than 6,500 employees, over 7,000 guest rooms, and more than $1.7 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property investment, management, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $6 billion in assets nationwide. Destination Hotels & Resorts is unique in the lodging industry in that our primary mission is to create value for guests, investors, and associates in each of our hotels and resorts. We do this by developing an innovative, customized business plan for each property we manage and combining it with the sales, marketing, and operating resources of a company many times our size. This lodging industry expertise, together with the real estate savvy of Lowe, has allowed us to bring an owner's perspective to the hotel management business. Destination Hotels & Resorts is one of the industry's leaders in the management and marketing of high-quality independent properties, many of which we successfully converted from major brand affiliations. Over the years, Destination Hotels & Resorts has grown to be the fifth largest independent management company in the United States, managing a portfolio in excess of a billion dollars.