Region Pricing Manager - Southeast','12003342','Regular','Full-time','NC-Charlotte Metro','','Develops and implements a pricing strategy to optimize sales and profitability in the region. Assists with the development of innovative strategies and action plans to address region’s needs and lead execution. Together with sales, RPM co-owns resulting margins. Provides regional level, functional leadership and is the main communication conduit between the center and the divisions. Identifies pricing trends and opportunities across divisions and drives result through the Sr. Pricing Analysts. Measures region and division performance against center-defined metrics. Works with the Region Category Manager to ensure alignment and to execute Company strategies at the division level. Disseminates center pricing tools, systems and direction, managing pricing exception and ensuring consistency across divisions.','!*!Pricing Strategy
· Drive sales growth and profitability through the development and implementation of customized pricing strategies for the divisions within the assigned region, in alignment with overall company
strategy. Work with Regional Category Managers to develop and implement regional pricing strategies
· Create and execute division-specific pricing strategies to meet and exceed divisions' goals. Work with Division Presidents and Division Sales Managers to establish division pricing targets
· Manage and implement systematic price changes. Analyze division-specific impact, make division-level adjustments as needed to reflect local market realities
· Serve as a subject matter expert on
o Pricing tools, processes, systems and strategy
o Region and division pricing trends, customer pricing sensitivities by categories, general market characteristics
o Region and division-specific pricing levers including pricing and pad structures
· Identify opportunities to improve pricing strategies in the divisions, regions and center. Support business case development, action plan development and implementation
· Identify, address and resolve systematic / regional pricing issues
o Review and management of commodity pricing
o Effective management of cost buckets and pads
o Tke pricing action to address inventory issues
· Excess or inadequate inventories
· Aging inventories
· Proactive management of deviations and other pricing levers to strategically increase basket size while limiting margin erosion
· Drive resolution of issues and opportunities identified by the center
· Provide functional oversight for Sr. Pricing Analysts
Deployment and Value Realization
· Deploy new center pricing tools and systems across divisions
· Oversee and implement change management related to new pricing strategies. Deliver training of systems, processes and programs at divisions. Track change management effectiveness and
implement improvements as needed
· Identify, share and implement best practices across region. Drive consistency and standardization across divisions
Communication and Metrics
· Serve as feedback conduit to center on local market intelligence and key issues
· Aggregate and communicate TM feedback on pricing to center. Identify trends and systematic issues. Incorporate information into strategic planning
· Evaluate and drive results on investment spending decisions, including review of decisions by customer or product and tracking value of / return on investment
· Implement center-led metrics programs. Measure and provide detailed analysis on pricing programs versus defined goals. Develop reports and draw recommendations / conclusions
· Understand and align with division leadership on their short-term and long-term goals
· Conduct bi-weekly margin meeting in each division to optimize sales, investment spending, and pricing strategy','!*!Education / Training: Bachelor's degree in Finance / Business / Operations or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Related Experience: Minimum 7 years Category Management, Pricing, or Finance experience required. Experience managing direct or indirect reports preferred. Food distribution or manufacturing experience preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities: Must possess solid quantitative and analytical skills, the ability to work in a team setting, driving team results and supporting change management within the organization, and a strong ability to provide fact-based recommendations across various levels of management.
Analytics: Ability to think quantitatively, to quickly review reports and data and to prioritize opportunities. Deep understanding of Excel required. Prior experience with Access a plus.
Self-direction: The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high degree of motivation, the ability to prioritize and self-direct, strong business acumen and sound interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and within a team is required.
Communication: Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, as well as solid presentation skills required. Proficiency required in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Ability to drive change management:
Must possess the ability to operate successfully in a functionalized environment and work effectively across multiple groups and levels. Strong influence and persuasion skills to achieve defined organizational goals. ','','Day Job','Category Management','Manager','Yes, 20% of the time','Not Applicable','Region Pricing Manager - Southeast
U.S. Foodservice, Inc.
Website : http://www.usfoodservice.com