09/25/2012 09:49 AM
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In FORTUNE magazine's 2009 list of World's Most Admired Companies, ARAMARK was ranked number one in its industry, consistently ranking since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, ****, or ****.
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, ARAMARK is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
The Location Manager will be responsible for the daily operation and management of the retail operation on campus, which includes 4 concepts and is physically separated from the component's main food production area. Typically is not involved in food production activities but plans, directs and coordinates food service activities in order to deliver a finished food product to the customer.
• Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
• Assist FSD in establishing & maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food & related products, as well as menu planning & development.
• Ensure requirements for appropriate sanitation and safety levels in respective areas are met.
• Directly supervise two or more employees with responsibility for hiring, coaching, and performance management
• Assist in location forecast and accounting.
• Conduct period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with ARAMARK, government and accrediting agency standards.
• Partner with managers from other units to coordinates activities and participates in management team meetings.
• Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
• Involved in all student and employee advocacy activities.
• Drive customer service and employee engagement.
4 year Bachelor's degree (and/or requisite industry & management experience) with 1-3 years experience in foodservice operations; restaurant, retail food outlet, food court, etc. The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role. Knowledge of accounting, staffing & scheduling, sanitation and safety is required.
Website : http://www.aramark.com