Delivery Driver, Lead (San Antonio)','12004287','Regular','Full-time','TX-San Antonio','','The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods, equipment and supplies) to customer drop-off sites while providing excellent customer service. Return the empty trailer to the distribution center. All functions must be completed in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
May also be called upon to do duties of Backhaul or Shuttle Driver.','!*!Responsibilities:
· Drive tractor-trailer, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations to deliver food and food related products
· Deliver products to customers safely within allotted time, according to routing instructions
· Hand-stack cases onto hand dolly from truck and wheel it into customer accounts (150-250 lbs. average)
· Maneuver tractor-trailer into loading and unloading position safely in/out of customer's loading area
· Continuous quality customer service during interactions with customers and fellow employees
· Collection and accountability of money for cash-on-delivery (C.O.D.) accounts
· Obtain customer's signature on invoices upon delivery of product, notating damaged/returned cases
· Maintain log books and manifest records (on-board computer and/or written) and adhere to all Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) laws and regulations
· Conduct and report pre-trip and post-trip inspections on tractor-trailer
· Neat and well-maintained appearance of self and uniform
· Resolve issues that arise on daily basis with drivers equipment i.e. tractors or trailers
· Arrive 2 hrs prior to drivers dispatch times to ensure all scheduled drivers have arrived and dispatched on time according to dispatch schedule. If needed contact on call driver to cover route for drivers who have called in sick.
· Conduct sunrise inspections to ensure drivers are performing proper pre and post trip inspections and ensure drivers have all appropriate paper work.
· Conduct driver observations/ride along to ensure drivers are performing proper delivery work methods and safety procedures.
· Conduct audits of driver paper work and DVIR's as well as driver collections.
· Conduct all new driver training to ensure all work methods, company policies, and safety procedures are properly implemented.
· Communicate issues found while conducting training or observations to supervisor.
· Conduct driver safety stand up meetings and additional driver training meetings.
· Additional duties as assigned
· High School diploma or equivalent is required and must be verified
· Minimum age of 21
· Class A Commercial Drivers License
· Minimum 1 yr over the road commercial driving experience or 6 months of food or beverage delivery experience or successful completion (diploma) from an accredited community college, technical school, or truck driving training school.
· Clean driving record
· Strong communication and presentation skills, motivation and energy
· Ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
· Strong problem-solving, and organization/time management skills
· Strong knowledge of foodservice products and Austin/San Antonio and surrounding areas
· 3 years of store-door delivery experience in the foodservice industry or related business
· Trained in proper procedures of ready to eat product','Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: Ability to lift up to 90# repetitively; ability to safely maneuver in and out of cab of truck, trailer and ramp system for trailers.
• Work environment: 5-6 day workweeks; 3am to 6am start times. 8-12 hour work days.','Day Job','Delivery','Individual Contributor','Yes, 100% of the time','Not Applicable','Delivery Driver, Lead (San Antonio)