High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience. Minimum two years experience in Food Service related field with the aptitude to be cross-trained in several disciplines. One year previous supervisory experiences preferred. Trade or vocational school in any of the following fields preferred: Business, Nutrition or Dietetics, or Culinary field. Good analytical skills, problem solving skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Computer skills are necessary for many job duties.
Primary Job Functions
• Act as a role model for all aspects of Food and Nutrition for staff to look up to and see as a training resource. Help instruct, cross train, motivate, coach, and guide Food and Nutrition Associates
• Provide leadership to department staff, hospital staff, patients, and visitors. This can include the ability to establish priorities, resolve daily issues or lingering obstacles, and accomplish tasks. Leadership also takes on the ability to monitor quality and service of work performed in assigned area
• Work to assure that Presbyterian’s areas that Food and Nutrition supports areas to assure operational requirements are being met. Examples include patients receiving their meals, nourishments and snacks, tray pick up, food sanitation requirements, cafeteria functions, etc.
• Know, understand, and adhere to PHS and Department Policies and procedures, including responses to hospital codes (code red, etc). In addition, to include a working knowledge of standards for Infection Control, EFPA, OSHA, JCAHO, and Health Department Administrative Code.
• Perform duties of Food and Nutrition Services as needed.