PFG is one of the largest foodservice distributors in the nation, with more than 66,000 national and private label products that we market and distribute both nationally and in 40 foreign countries. If you’re ready to set your career in motion, it all starts now with a company that really delivers!
The Vice President of Sales position will perform the following duties:
• Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
• Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
• Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
• Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
• Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
• Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
• Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
• Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
• Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and marketing programs.
• Directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
• Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
• Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
• Directs product research and development.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Degree in Marketing or Food Service desired.
Experience: Must have 10 years experience in food sales and a minimum of 5 years management experience in the food industry.
Other Related Criteria:
Must possess strong communication and people skills in addition to thorough knowledge of products and their applications.
Proven track record of successful sales management.
Performance Food Group
Website : http://www.pfgc.com/
Performance Food Group serves an integral role in the movement of food from the nation's farms to our dining tables. At the heart of the Company's success is a focus on delivering exceptional customer service throughout its operations.