All the best dishes start with the finest ingredients!
At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., our recipe includes providing quality products and services, customer-focused strategies, and exceptional associates committed to service excellence!
Hungry for a career? Craving Opportunity?
Join **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***., one of the nation's leading foodservice distributors…and become a key ingredient in our recipe for success!
Under the direction of the Director-Risk/Loss Control, responsible for mitigating risk to the company through loss prevention and maintenance of safety programs. The Corporate Safety Manager must remain technically current in loss prevention techniques, as well as legislative and regulatory requirements and risk management, safety and health standards (DOT, OSHA, NFPA, Food Safety, Security, EPA, etc.) The Corporate Safety Manager performs regular audits and visits operating company locations on a regular basis to assess risk to the company and implement evaluate safety programs that aim to mitigate this risk.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ensure overall compliance with OSHA, DOT and other applicable regulations, include state-specific regulatory programs.
2. Conduct site audits to maintain evaluate compliance with regulatory and company safety guidelines.
3. Identify risk/deficiencies and ensure issues are addressed and resolved.
4. Promote company safety initiatives, including safety recognition program, site safety committees and other company loss control programs.
5. Review accident investigations with operating company representatives to assess unsafe acts and conditions, process changes and other injury prevention/reduction activities. Ensure sites are following established guidelines with disciplinary action and training.
6. Serve as a safety resource for all safety/loss control issues and questions.
7. Create and disseminate safety communications
8. Ensure operating company management conducts required safety audits and inspections.
9. Ensure workers’ compensation and auto claims are reported accurately and timely. Follow up with operating company management when improvements and training are needed. Participate in claim reviews.
10. Identify and monitor required safety training.
11. Work with Presidents, General Managers, Transportation Managers, Safety Managers, insurance broker, insurance carrier and other departments to identify additional risk mitigation issues.
12. Communicate issues and recommend changes to Risk and management
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree or related business studies is preferred.
- Two years safety management experience or other equivalent experience preferred.
- Professional certification (CSP, ARM, etc.) preferred.
- Must have ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills required.
- Must have strong computer skills, specifically in spreadsheet applications (preferable Microsoft Office applications); word processing, Powerpoint and proficiency with Access preferred.
- Requires the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a changing environment.
- Must be detail-oriented.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree or related business studies is preferred.
• Two to four year safety management experience or other equivalent experience preferred.
• Professional certification (CSP, ARM, etc.) preferred.
• Must have the ability to work well with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills required.
• Must have strong computer skills, specifically in spreadsheet applications (preferably Microsoft Office applications); word processing, Powerpoint and proficiency with Access preferred.
• Requires the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a changing environment.
• Must be detail-oriented.
Performance Food Group
Website : http://www.pfgc.com/
Performance Food Group serves an integral role in the movement of food from the nation's farms to our dining tables. At the heart of the Company's success is a focus on delivering exceptional customer service throughout its operations.